Blog Details

Home   /   Eastbourne leave it late!

13th February 2022

Eastbourne Borough under 18s 4- Chichester under 18s -3

Chichester travelled to Priory Lane on a windy Sunday morning to challenge for a spot in the county cup semi-final. After having three wins in their last five games it was the catalyst for the home side’s 4-3 win.

Chichester equally had a good record with four wins in their last five.

Despite a positive start from Chichester, it was Eastbourne Borough who took the lead in the 7th minute. They pressed the defence as a unit forcing an error which allowed young striker Fraser Middleton to lob the keeper with composure.

Unfortunately, Eastbourne right back Charlie Yeates picked up an early sin bin leaving his side under  pressure as the game went to 10 V 11. This played right into the away sides hands as they equalised. A sharp clever short corner is taken and Dillon Birch was on hand to convert the chance.

However, Middleton was showing no signs of stopping as he scored his second of the game. Young winger Sam Macey slipped him through on goal and after having his first attempt saved, he slotted in the rebound with ease.

Chichester were piling on the pressure for an equaliser, so it came as no surprise when Ollie Barry slipped it underneath the keeper to bring his side level.

With Issi Saumrally’s men desperate to get in at half time and regroup the West Sussex side hit them with a final blow as Enrique Andrade-Paris rose highest to nod the ball into the back of the net seconds before the whistle is blown.

Substitute Hayden Beaconsfield came on at the start of the second half and was one of the main reasons that Eastbourne looked like a new side, keeping the ball and being defensively disciplined ensured their side got two goals to win the game 4-3.

Neat finishes from Sam Macey and a last-minute winner from Sonny Walsh meant that the side booked their spot in the semi-finals of the county cup.

Leave a Reply

Follow Overtime on Twitter

TikTok Feed


May 2024